Gili Trawangan is the main destination for most travelers around the world. This small island is located in the north Lombok, province of West Nusa Tenggara. It is a 1 1/2 hours-by-speed boat trip from Padang Bai. Speed boat or fast boat to Gili Trawangan is the only best way to reach the island.
The fast boat Bali to Gili offers daily service with more than one daily departure. The most departure point is from Padang Bai harbor. Padang Bai is the public ferry harbor that connects Bali and Lombok. It is also a popular harbor for a fast ferry to Gili. located in north Bali.
For those who stay in Ubud and want to go to Gili Trawangan, Padang Bai harbor is the best to get on a ferry. The fast boat operator to Gili will provide free hotel transfers from Ubud to Padang Bai. On the way back from Gili, you can join the fast boat Gili Trawangan to Bali. These express boats depart in the morning and afternoon from Gili Trawangan.
A private speed boat to Gili Trawangan is also the best choice for those who stay in Bali and Lombok. The boat from Lombok to Gili offers a daily departure from Teluk Nare. You can choose to go at any time you want if you book on a private speed boat. Meanwhile, from Bali to Gili speed boat is a perfect choice for group travelers or students group.
Fast boats also depart from Lombok to Gili. If you are in Lombok, you can choose to go on a Fast Boat Bangsal to Gili Trawangan. The fast boat operates daily with more than a one-time schedule. You can also choose to go from Bangsal or Senggigi.
The Best Speed boat trip from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan
The fast boat from Bali to Gili Trawangan departs from three main harbors in Bali. They are Padang Bai, Serangan, and Sanur. Besides that, you can also join the boat from Nusa Penida to Gili Trawangan if you are on the Island.
Fast boat Lembongan to Gili Trawangan is also the best choice fpor those who stay on Nusa Lembongan. The boat only has one departure every day with schedules at 10.30 am in the morning. It take 2 hours from Nusa Lembongan to Gili islands.
The following are the best speed boats or Fast Boat to Gili Trawangan from Bali:
- Bali Eka Jaya Fast Ferry is one of the best fast boats from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan and Lombok. This boat has a big capacity which is can fill 210 passengers. They are running two boats at the moment with two daily schedules. Besides running to Gili Trawangan, Bali Eka Jaya Fast ferry also operate the trip to Nusa Penida, Lombok, Gili Air, and Gili Meno.
- Wahana Gili Ocean is one of the fast boats from Padang Bai to the Gili Islands and Lombok. This boat has a capacity of 150 passengers. It is running daily from Bali to Gili Trawangan with two schedules every day.
- Golden Queen fast boat is the best fast boat from Bali to Lombok and Gili islands. The boat has the capacity of 80 passengers and can take you to Gili Trawangan in comfort. This boat also operates a schedule to Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Gili Fast boat offers a daily transfers from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan and Gili Air. This is one of the luxury fast boats with a capacity of 120 passengers. It takes 1 1/2 hours to get to Gili Trawangan. The boat Gili Gili Fast Boat also has two departures in the high season with an early departure at 09.30 am.
- Ostina Fast Boat is another best choice for economy-class travelers. This boat has 100 capacity with comfortable seats. It takes 1 1/2 hours to get to Gili Islands and Lombok.
- Prabu Fast boat is a new brand fast boat to Gili Trawangan commencing in 2022. This boat has a capacity of 80 passengers. It will take you in comfort to Gili Trawangan and Lombok.
All the above are the best fast boats from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan. For more details, bookings, and prices, you can visit the fast boat to Gili Trawangan page. There are many fast boat options from other ports in Bali with the best prices.
Is the Fast boat to Gili Include Hotel Pick up in Bali?
The fast boat operators also include picks up from some specific areas in Bali. If you book on a fast boat from Padang Bai, the free hotel transfers will be available for Ubud, Candidasa, Kuta, Sanur, and Legian. The pick-up will provide one hour before your departure time.
For those who stay in the South Bali areas such as Kuta, Nusa Dua, Sanur, and Seminyak, it is advisable to book a fast boat from Sanur or Serangan. These two harbors are the close to main tourist areas. However, it is depending on your style whether you want to take along sea transfers or a short one. For the boat from Serangan and Sanur, it takes 2 1/2 hours to get to Gili Trawangan.
The fast boat to Gili Trawangan from Bali does not include the hotel transfers on Lombok and Gili islands. This is due to the agreement between the local community and fast boat operators. So you will have to find your own transport to your hotel in Lombok and Gili Islands.
Transportation on Gili Trawangan is available with a horse cart or Cidomo. This is the only transport on the island as there is no motorized transportation on the island. The Cidomo can price $25 for one-way transfers to the hotel. But it is depending on how far the hotel is. The price above is a minimum count for a Cidomo on Gili Trawangan.
On Lombok Island, there are many private cars or taxis in the port. You can negotiate the prices for the transfers to your hotel in Senggigi, Kuta, or Mataram. The approximate cost for one way a private car is $30 per car to Senggigi. If you go to Kuta, South Lombok, it will cost approximately $40 per car. However, you can negotiate the price with driver, they can go less sometimes.